WOW Air Now Accepts Visa and Mastercard on WW/377
WOW air (WW/377) is excited to announce that as of today, Monday, March 26, 2018 (PED 03/26/18), they will begin accepting Visa and Mastercard as valid forms of payment in Sabre and Amadeus with WW/377 validation.
Now it's even easier to book WOW air trips from 16 U.S. and Canada cities to 21 European destinations. For other credit cards and GDSs, please continue to use W2/365 validation.
Final Deletion of Aserca Airlines
Effective Monday, April 2, 2018 (PED 04/08/18), ARC will move forward with the final deletion of Aserca Airlines (R7/717)). Please submit any outstanding refunds prior to the deletion date. If you have any questions, please contact the airline directly at http://www.asercaairlines.com/.
Extended Hours of IAR Availability
ARC is pleased to announce that Interactive Agent Reporting (IAR) is now available for use around the clock every day, with the exception of a brief daily system reset performed at 3 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and a weekly reset and maintenance performed each Sunday 3–7 a.m. ET.
The daily 3 a.m. system reset may take up to one hour, but on most days, it is expected to be complete within 20 to 30 minutes. As with the daily IAR system reset, the weekly Sunday maintenance beginning at 3 a.m. ET may complete within an hour, but use of the full four-hour span will be necessary when more extensive maintenance or a lengthier system update is required.
Occasionally, a scheduled system update may be required that exceeds the standard timeframe. In such instances, ARC will provide two or more weeks' advance notification on the IAR webpage and the ARC Status Dashboard. To sign up for real-time IAR alerts from the ARC Status Dashboard, click here.
ARC recognizes the need for travel agencies to utilize IAR any time they need it, and we are working toward an ultimate goal of providing IAR access 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In October 2016, ARC adjusted the daily maintenance schedule to provide two extra hours of daily IAR access. Your positive feedback on that change inspired us to look for even more ways to improve our processes and system schedules. We are happy to be taking one more step towards our ultimate goal of providing nonstop IAR access around the clock.
Expanded IAR availability will benefit many agencies, especially those with extended hours of operation, in different time zones or with offshore support teams. Some things that will not change with the increased hours of IAR availability include:
- Void and modification windows for e-ticket sales. Continue to void by 11:59 p.m. ET the next business day following the sale.
- IAR refund cancel (void) window for e-ticket refunds. Continue to void by 11:59 p.m. ET the day of refund in IAR, or by midnight local time the day of refund in a GDS (applicable to refunds issued on airlines supporting refund cancel functionality).
- IAR weekly sales report submission deadline. Continue to authorize/submit by 11:59 p.m. ET on Tuesday following the close of the sales report period, or by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday when Monday or Tuesday is an ARC-recognized holiday.
- Delivery of scheduled IAR BOS files. Scheduled IAR BOS files will continue to be generated early each morning. These files normally complete by 7 a.m., but delays may be expected when encountering late delivery of GDS files, unanticipated system issues, or when the resulting BOS file is unusually large.
Notification of scheduled maintenance and unexpected system outages impacting any of ARC's products and tools is always communicated via the ARC Status Dashboard, which is available 24/7, or by subscribing to ARC's real-time alerts.
We at ARC are working to continually improve your experience with our products and tools. It is our hope that this latest IAR enhancement is beneficial to you. If you have any questions, please contact the ARC Customer Care Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-816-8003.
Tip of the Week: Adding Correspondence in Memo Manager
In Memo Manager, all correspondence on a memo is displayed in the "Correspondence" field of the "Memo Details" screen. The correspondence field is available to any user who has the access rights to view the memo, including a GDS. The correspondence field has three tabs: Public, Private and All.
- The Public tab displays all correspondence that is sent or received from an external party.
- The Private tab displays all correspondence that is sent and received internally within your organization.
- The All tab displays both public and private correspondence.
To add a correspondence, simply click Add to Correspondence; a window will pop-up and it will allow you to enter your message. If you wish to send a private message, make sure you first click Make this Correspondence Private and then, click on Add to Correspondence. Memo Manager was recently updated with an enlarged "Correspondence" field so you can more easily read and enter correspondence.