Fraud Alert – Ransomware
Imagine a scenario in which you attempt to log in to your computer system and you are denied access. Your IT staff advises that they cannot access your system either, but they notice a message that your system is now encrypted — you’ve just been hacked! The hacker now demands payment of a cryptocurrency to receive the decryption code to regain control of your computer system.
This type of computer takeover involves the use of ransomware, which is a type malicious software that may have been sent to you as an attachment through a phishing email that appeared legitimate. It may also have been deployed by staff who unwittingly downloaded the alleged updates to existing software programs.
ARC encourages our travel industry partners to review your network security procedures to ensure you’re ready to respond if this occurs at your agency. The following best practices are recommended to reduce your exposure to ransomware incidents.
Best Practices* – Ensure your operating software is up to date as it guarantees the latest patches are deployed:
- Install antivirus software to constantly scan your systems for external threats.
- Back up your data on a daily basis and isolate the backup data offline from your operating system.
- Restrict system administrator rights only to appropriate staff.
- Train staff on how to spot suspicious emails; especially, those with attachments from unknown senders.
Should you have any questions, please contact ARC Risk Management at 855-358-0393 or email email@example.com.
*The best practices are intended for general informational purposes only, and are not intended to be relied upon as your sole source for information security. Please refer to your own advisors for specific advice.
Coming Soon: My ARC Redesign
In order to provide a more valuable user experience to our customers, we are updating the design and content on the My ARC login and dashboard pages.
A recent ARC survey showed that many of our customers are interested in ARC content on topics that will enhance your business — including product updates and tips, research, traveler trends, fraud prevention and more. We have taken this feedback and updated the design of the My ARC login and dashboard placing pertinent ARC content directly alongside the products you use on a regular basis. We are projected to launch this new design in early May 2018.
Here are a few things you need to know prior to launch:
- Tools and products accessed from My ARC will NOT change in functionality or design.
- The link to access My ARC will not change.
- The tools and products you use will remain on My ARC via the “Tools” drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
Additionally, it has come to our attention that, in some instances, agencies use robotics to enter and access data via My ARC tools and products. While we do not endorse this practice, we do not anticipate a disruption, as the ARC tools and products you use will not change in functionality whatsoever.
Tip of the Week: Accessing Sales Report Data for the Last 24 Months
You have the ability to access your sales report data for the last 24 months. This is accomplished within the Internet Sales Summary (ISS) tool for free. To access a report, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to My ARC and select Internet Sales Summary under Your Tools.
- Select the Sales Summary to view by clicking View under Last 24 Months. Make sure to have your pop-up blocker disabled as the tool will appear in a separate window.
- In the tool, on the left-hand side, select Sales Reports Last 2 years.
- In the Filters section, enter your ACN and click OK. A list of available reports listed in descending order by Period Ending Date (PED) will appear.
- Click on the PED or the highlighted field within the indicated row to open the report.