ARC Memorial Day Holiday Information
ARC’s offices will be closed on Monday, May 28, 2018, in observance of Memorial Day; therefore, agencies will have one extra day to finalize their IAR sales reports. All sales reports for PED 05/27/18 must be authorized by midnight EDT on Wednesday, May 30, 2018.
Transactions issued in the GDS Friday, May 25 through Sunday, May 27, may be voided in the GDS or IAR until Tuesday, May 29 EDT.
Transactions issued in the GDS Friday, May 25 through Sunday, May 27, may be modified in IAR until Tuesday, May 29 EDT.
ARC’s Customer Care Center will reopen on Tuesday, May 29, 2018, and the office hours for the remainder of the week will be:
Tuesday–Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EDT
Thursday–Friday: 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. EDT
MIAT Mongolian Airlines Now Accepts American Express
Effective with sales issued on Monday, May 21, 2018 (PED 05/27/ 2018), MIAT Mongolian Airlines (289/OM) will begin accepting American Express as a form of payment through ARC.
In order to provide a more valuable user experience to our customers, we have updated the design and content on the My ARC login and dashboard pages!
A recent ARC survey showed that many of our customers are interested in ARC content on topics that will enhance your business — including product updates and tips, research, traveler trends, fraud prevention and more.
We have taken this feedback and updated the design of the My ARC login and dashboard placing pertinent ARC content directly alongside the tools and products you use on a regular basis.
Here are a few things you need to know:
- Tools and products accessed from My ARC did NOT change in functionality or design.
- The link to access My ARC did not change.
- The tools and products you use remain on My ARC via the “Tools” drop-down menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Clear your cache prior to accessing My ARC to ensure a seamless experience.
Additionally, it has come to our attention that, in some instances, agencies use robotics to enter and access data via My ARC tools and products. While we do not endorse this practice, we do not anticipate a disruption, as the ARC tools and products you use will not change in functionality whatsoever.
ARC Specialist Training and Certification Class
Do you want the opportunity to earn your ARC Specialist Certificate?
The ARC Specialist Training and Certification class will be held at ARC’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, June 5–7, 2018.
ARC developed the ARC Specialist Training and Certification program with the help of industry representatives from the travel agent and airline communities. This program provides education on ARC’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
In this class, you will participate in written and verbal exercises as well as group discussions. Upon completion of the class, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The following topics will be covered during the class:
- ARC 101
- ARC’s Agent Reporting Agreement (ARA)
- Travel Agency Participation
- My ARC
- Document Type
- Taxes, Fees and Charges
- Payment Card Processing
- Sales Reporting Process
- Interactive Agent Reporting (IAR)
- Voids and Modification Rules
- ARC Memo Manager (AMM)
- Best Practices for Effective Debit Memo Resolution and Prevention
- Exchanges and Refunds
- Tackling Refunds and Exchanges
- Travel Agency Service Fee (TASF) Program
- IAR Back Office System (BOS)
- Internet Sales Summary (ISS)
- Document Retrieval Service (DRS)
- The Future…It’s Here
After the class, you can take the ARC Specialist Certification exam online at your convenience. You will have 30 days to take the exam upon completion of the training class. Those who pass the exam will receive their ARC Specialist Certification.
Tip of the Week: Use IAR to Research if a Document was Used in a Refund or an Exchange
Did you receive the error message: “Coupon number not available?” Do you need to research if a document was used in a refund or an exchange? The LO-Find Old/Used Document function within the View Only tab in Interactive Agent Reporting (IAR) allows you to search the last 13 months of your agency's IAR history for this information.
To access the View Only tab:
- On the IAR homepage screen, click the ARC# link to access a sales report.
- Click the View Only tab.
- Click the radio button next to LO-Find Old/Used Document.
- Type a document number into the 10-character Document# text box.
- Click the Go button.
- The list reload with the old or used document listed.
The column headings of the list will change to show the document use information including which PED the document was used in.