Silver Airways Now Accepts American Express and Discover
Effective with sales issued on Friday, March 8, 2019 (PED 03/10/19), Silver Airways (3M/449) will begin accepting American Express and Discover as forms of payment through ARC.
Hahn Air Now Accepts Diners Club and Discover
Effective with sales issued on Monday, March 4, 2019 (PED 03/10/19), Hahn Air Connection (494/KG) will begin accepting Diners Club and Discover as forms of payment through ARC.
Applying Blockchain to Air Travel
How could blockchain impact travel? This presentation explores how various facets of blockchain technology can accelerate growth in the air travel industry.
ARC Specialist Training and Certification Class
Do you want the opportunity to earn your ARC Specialist Certificate?
The ARC Specialist Training and Certification class will be provided at ARC’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, March 26–28, 2019.
ARC developed the ARC Specialist Training and Certification program with the help of industry representatives from the travel agent and airline communities. This program provides education on ARC’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
In this class, you will participate in written and verbal exercises as well as group discussions. Upon completion of the class, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The following topics will be covered during the class:
- ARC 101
- ARC’s Agent Reporting Agreement (ARA)
- Travel Agency Participation
- My ARC
- Document Type
- Taxes, Fees and Charges
- Payment Card Processing
- Sales Reporting Process
- Interactive Agent Reporting (IAR)
- Voids and Modification Rules
- ARC Memo Manager (AMM)
- Best Practices for Effective Debit Memo Resolution and Prevention
- Exchanges and Refunds
- Tackling Refunds and Exchanges
- Travel Agency Service Fee (TASF) Program
- IAR Back Office System (BOS)
- Internet Sales Summary (ISS)
- Document Retrieval Service (DRS)
- The Future…It’s Here
After the class, you can take the ARC Specialist Certification exam online at your convenience. You will have 30 days to take the exam upon completion of the training class. Those who pass the exam will receive their ARC Specialist Certification.
Tip of the Week: How to Dispute a Memo in Memo Manager
ARC Memo Manager gives you the ability to dispute a memo at the discretion of and within the guidelines of the validating airline. The Memo Administrator and Memo User roles can dispute a memo by using the Dispute button on the top of the Memo Details page or by using the Dispute Memo link in the Disputes section of the Memo Details page. Please note that only entering comments in the public correspondence does not change the status of the memo to a disputed status.
Follow the steps below to dispute a memo:
- Click the Dispute button. The Memo Manager – Dispute screen will appear.
- Type the dispute dollar amount in the Dispute Amount field.
- Type any comments concerning the dispute in the Comment (public) textbox.
- If you need to attach any supporting documentation, click the Attach File link.
- Click the Submit button.
- The Memo Manager – Save screen will be displayed asking, "Do you want to submit changes?"
- Click the Yes button to save the changes.
Once you have completed this process, the status of the memo will change to “Open-Dispute Pending.” The airline will then either accept or reject the dispute. Airlines can limit the number of times a memo can be disputed. Once the limit has been reached, the memo can no longer be disputed and the Dispute button and Dispute Memo link will no longer be available.