Upcoming My ARC/IAR Extended System Outages
My ARC will be unavailable for two separate extended outages on Sunday, November 3, 2019, and Sunday, November 10, 2019, from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m. ET. This means that you will not be able to access My ARC or any of its tools, such as IAR and Memo Manager, during these scheduled times. This full system outage is necessary to perform a database migration and a software upgrade, which will be done in two phases. The first phase is the database migration taking place on November 3, and the second phase is the software upgrade on November 10.
ARC realizes that any system outage is an inconvenience to you, and we apologize for the impact this has on your work with ARC tools and products. This advance notice intends to provide you with adequate time to make any necessary schedule adjustments. Sunday dates were selected to minimize the impact to My ARC users, considering Sunday is the day of the week with the lowest amount of activity. Afternoon and evening times were selected to give you morning access to systems and to allow expected early morning and late evening files to complete. All systems are expected to be fully operational by 10 p.m. ET each of these Sundays.
Your understanding and patience are appreciated as we improve and upgrade ARC systems. Please share this information with others in your organization that may be impacted by these scheduled outages.
Silver Airways No Longer Accepts UATP
Effective immediately, Silver Airways (3M/449) no longer accepts UATP as a form of payment through ARC.
ARC Specialist Training and Certification Class
Do you want the opportunity to earn your ARC Specialist Certificate?
The ARC Specialist Training and Certification class will be provided at ARC’s headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, November 5-7, 2019.
ARC developed the ARC Specialist Training and Certification program with the help of industry representatives from the travel agent and airline communities. This program provides education on ARC’s policies, procedures, products, and services.
In this class, you will participate in written and verbal exercises as well as group discussions. Upon completion of the class, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The following topics will be covered during the class:
- ARC 101
- ARC’s Agent Reporting Agreement (ARA)
- Travel Agency Participation
- My ARC
- Document Type
- Taxes, Fees and Charges
- Payment Card Processing
- Sales Reporting Process
- Interactive Agent Reporting (IAR)
- Voids and Modification Rules
- ARC Memo Manager (AMM)
- Best Practices for Effective Debit Memo Resolution and Prevention
- Exchanges and Refunds
- Tackling Refunds and Exchanges
- Travel Agency Service Fee (TASF) Program
- IAR Back Office System (BOS)
- Internet Sales Summary (ISS)
- Document Retrieval Service (DRS)
- The Future…It’s Here
After the class, you can take the ARC Specialist Certification exam online at your convenience. You will have 30 days to take the exam upon completion of the training class. Those who pass the exam will receive their ARC Specialist Certification.
Tip of the Week: Use IAR to Research a Document's Use in a Refund or an Exchange
Did you receive the error message: “Coupon number not available?” Do you need to research if a document was used in a refund or an exchange? The LO-Find Old/Used Document function within the View Only tab in Interactive Agent Reporting (IAR) allows you to search the last 13 months of your agency’s IAR history for this information. To access the View Only tab:
- At the IAR Home Page screen, click the ARC# link to access a sales report.
- The default sales report screen displays the List tab.
- Click the View Only tab.
- Click the radio button next to LO-Find Old/Used Document.
- Type a document number into the 10-character Document# text box.
- Click the Go button.
- The list redisplays with the old or used document listed.
- The column headings of the list will change to show the document use information, including which PED the document was used in.
- If it was used in an exchange, the new document number will also be included.