ARC offices were closed Monday, February 15, 2021, in observance of Presidents Day.
Holiday Ticket Modification/Voiding Schedule
The GDS/IAR reconciliation dates for tickets issued from Friday, February 12, 2021, to Sunday, February 14, 2021, will be extended until Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
Sales Report Submission
Weekly sales reports for PED 02/14/21 must be authorized by 5 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
ARC’s Customer Care Center is open on Tuesday, February 16, 2021.
The office hours for the week are:
- Monday, February 15: Closed
- Tuesday, February 16: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, February 17: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST
- Thursday, February 18: 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. EST
- Friday, February 19: 9 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. EST
My ARC, including all its tools and products, will be unavailable on Sunday, February 21, 2021, from 1-7 a.m. EST. During this outage, you will be unable to access My ARC, including Memo Manager and IAR. This full system outage is required to perform crucial system maintenance and software updates.
We realize any system outage may be an inconvenience, but ARC is committed to providing a safe and secure operating environment. Sunday dates and early morning hours are purposely selected for scheduled maintenance to minimize the impact to most My ARC users. Your understanding and patience are appreciated as we improve and upgrade ARC’s systems. Please share this information with others in your organization that may be impacted.
Air Namibia suspended all flight operations effective February 11, 2021. ARC will therefore inhibit the processing of sales transactions but continue the processing of cash and credit card refunds until further notice.
As a reminder, it is important that agents follow the procedures outlined in section 6 of the IAH related to payment card authorizations.
Best Practice Card Acceptance (Section 6 of the IAH)
Identify the ticketing airline and, at the time of ticketing, obtain an authorization (i.e., approval code) via the GDS for the exact amount of the transaction. Transactions that are not properly authorized may not be settled successfully and, as a result, the airline may not be paid. In addition, the airline could be subject to increased card acceptance costs or non-compliance fees, in which case the airline may contact the agent for reimbursement.
Failure to obtain properly authorized transactions through the GDS leads to higher acceptance fees for airlines and on ARC Pay transactions. This can also lead to chargebacks due to missing or invalid authorizations. Transactions that have been chargedback often result in debit memos or in the case of ARC Pay transactions, agency fees and other miscellaneous travel-related transactions processed via ARC, drafted from your bank account and a loss of revenue.
Do you need access to your sales report data from the last 24 months? The data is available within the Internet Sales Summary (ISS) tool. To access a report:
- Sign into My ARC and select Internet Sales Summary under Your Tools;
- Select the sales summary to view by clicking View under “Last 24 months.” Make sure to have your pop-up blocker disabled as the tool will appear in a separate window;
- In the tool, on the left hand side, select Sales Reports Last 2 years;
- In the “Filters” section, enter your CAN (ARC Number) and click OK. A list of available reports listed in descending order by Period Ending Date (PED) will appear;
- Click on the PED or other highlighted field within the indicated row to open the report.