From travel trends to blockchain implementation, ARC addressed timely air travel topics impacting the industry in 2019. Check out some of our most engaging blog content from the previous year:
1. 2019 Travel Outlook Study Examines Air Travel Trends
What factors and trends should you consider when booking air travel? ARC partnered with Expedia Group to release the fifth annual comprehensive study of worldwide travel trends.
2. ARC Successfully Completes Blockchain PoC With United Airlines and Blockskye
ARC is working with United Airlines and Blockskye to test the viability of using blockchain technology to facilitate the reporting and settlement of the airline’s tickets. See what this could soon mean for airlines.
3. ARC Connects Southwest Airlines with the Corporate Travel Community
ARC and Southwest Airlines partnered together to create Southwest Business, which offers more booking options for the airline’s corporate travelers. The program is set to be unveiled in 2020.
4. Air Sales and the Travel Agency Distribution Channel
A white paper in collaboration with Phocuswright from April 2019 examines travel agency air sales growth and the evolving agency distribution channel.
5. NDC Transactions are Live Through ARC. Are You NDC-Ready?
How do you define New Distribution Capability (NDC)? Hear from Shelly Younger, ARC’s senior manager of industry relationships on how this technology standardizes the way airlines communicate with their partners.
6. Miles and Points: The New Currency of Travel Fraud
Can fraudsters target airline loyalty programs to steal your miles and points? What tools are available to address this risk? Read what ARC fraud experts Doug Nass and Cornelius Hattingh had to say.
7. ARC Pay: ARC’s Payment Platform for a Transforming Industry
In August 2019, ARC announced its Travel Agency Service Fee (TASF) and Agent’s Choice products would fall under new branding known as ARC Pay. See what travel agencies should know about this change.
8. Getting Started with NDC: A Guide for Airlines and Travel Agencies
ARC offers two comprehensive guides for airlines and travel agencies to successfully implement New Distribution Capability (NDC) that enrich content exchange for customers.
9. Prioritizing Business Outcomes over Costs: A New Model for Travel Management
Historically, travel management has largely measured trip success by two core components: Cost savings and policy compliance. Now, a new model puts the emphasis on positive business impact.
10. Applying Blockchain to Air Travel
Industry experts gathered at TravelConnect 2018 to define blockchain and discuss its potential to innovate and impact air travel and travel agencies. Their panel presentation is available for download.
Stay up to date with the latest airline travel industry insights through the ARC blog.