In collaboration with Expedia Group, ARC has released its fifth annual comprehensive study of worldwide air travel trends. Leveraging data from ARC’s global database of over 2 billion flight segments, ARC and Expedia Group analyzed air ticket purchase trends for the world’s most popular domestic and international routes.
Read the report to learn:
- Money-saving strategies for booking flights and hotels
- How far in advance to book flights for the best value
- The best days of the week to purchase tickets and the best days to travel
- Why direct flights aren’t always more expensive
- How to evaluate the costs of a basic economy ticket
- The impact of fluctuating oil prices on airfares
The study also quantifies some cost savings opportunities for “bleisure” travel that extends business trips through the weekend. “The savings opportunities by extending mid-week travel over a weekend is a new and valuable finding for travelers,” said Chuck Thackston, ARC’s managing director of data science. “It’s something that people who love to travel should start to incorporate into their plans,”.
To discover the key findings about purchase timing, trip longevity and more, click the button below to download the complete study.